Modern page Images are not visible to other users

Copper Contributor

I have created a modern site-page in my publishing website by activating the site pages feature. In that page I added modern web parts and contents and able to publish the page.

I am having difficulties in images only. The banner image and image inserted by image webpart is not showing to other users.  It happened with another users too. He create a page and added an image to the header. But I can't see the banner and showing empty space (note: I am a tenant admin).

it seems the images are only visible to the people who added the images.

Page I created :

user 1.png

This is how the same page is rendered to another user

user 2.png

Is it a permission issue or I am doing anything wrong?

Regards

G Ray

5 Replies

Am not seeing that in my tenant, FWIW.

Presumably you've published that page with the image, yes?

The page is published by the user and yet I am not able to see the image from the header. Attached the screenshot. It says the page has been published and the user can see the image from his browser. The same page I don't see the image.2017-12-31_23-06-16.png

What about the pictures? Are they also published and not in a draft state?

I found the root cause. We enabled versioning on Site Assets library. When images are uploaded in a modern page the images are copied to Site Assets lib. User has published the page but the images has not been published and still are on checked-out mode.  Once the images are checked-in, the other users can able to see the images on the page.

We disabled versioning on Site assets lib. 

3 years later - Just had this problem in one site - only the user who uploaded the images via the image picker panel could see them on one page. Versioning is turned on but the only difference I can see versus other sites is check out required is also activated. What's odd is other users COULD see the images yesterday, then they started disappearing today. Also, we haven't had this problem in this site until now. Totally inconsistent behavior as we've come to expect from Msft's products.