SOLVED

Issue with removing a member from O365 Groups

Copper Contributor

I am trying remove a member from my O365 Group and I get different error messages depending on which way I am using.

From the web interface = "The group can't be updated right now. Please try again later."

From the Outlook Client = "The list of current group members isn't available right now. You might be able to add members, but you won't be able to remove existing members."

Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

Any thought on what to try?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Shaun Francis (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I've seen it occasionally, seems to go away on its own. Try removing the member via PowerShell too, just in case - the cmdlet you need is Remove-UnifiedGroupLinks.

Hi Shaun, were you able to resolve the issue? Seems like you were hitting some kind of intermittent service failure. Apologies if the different text threw you off a bit, we'll get that fixed.

Hi Ravin,

I work with Shaun and can confirm that the issue still exists. It appears to be just for one particular group member - we can delete other members ok.

Any further hints on what to do / where to look?

Cheers

We were able to remove the problem guest via the admin console and didn't have to resort to the powershell.

The group is now behaving correctly again.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Shaun Francis (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I've seen it occasionally, seems to go away on its own. Try removing the member via PowerShell too, just in case - the cmdlet you need is Remove-UnifiedGroupLinks.

View solution in original post