SOLVED

Is there a way to see all Office 365 Groups in a tenant? Full admin rights.

Bronze Contributor

I know I can see the group names in the Office 365 Admin panel under Groups, but that only shows me the members. I need the URL. Right now the only way I know to see what is going on in a group is to add me to the group through that panel, then wait up to 3 hrs for the group to show up in OWA.

What I am looking for is something similar to when you go to the main Sharepoint site for an Office 365 Tenant, Site Settings, then Site Hierarchy, which shows all Sharepoint sites, with URLs and management links, regardless of whether or not I am a member.

6 Replies

As an admin, you can easily get the URLs via PowerShell:

Get-UnifiedGroup | ft Name,Alias,SharePointSiteUrl
You can also get Groups URLs using SPO cmdlets...and the upcoming SPO Admin Center will allow you to easily see Groups sites

Thanks. Your definition of "easily" is different from mine. Not a PowerShell user. Small company so no real power shell users here. Anything we do with powershell out of necessity is after lots of googling.

But the command you sent is noted and I'll look into it. Thanks!

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Office 365 Admin > Usage Reports > SharePoint Site Usage. Add the column for Root Site and export to Excel. Filter in Excel by Group type.

@Steven Collier wrote:

Office 365 Admin > Usage Reports > SharePoint Site Usage. Add the column for Root Site and export to Excel. Filter in Excel by Group type.

That only shows those with activity up to 180 days ago, included deleted groups, and I cannot tell that it actually shows anything but "groups" in the root site column. It is better than what I have now, but an intermediate solution at best. Thanks.

That only shows those with activity up to 180 days ago, included deleted groups, and I cannot tell that it actually shows anything but "groups" in the root site column. It is better than what I have now, but an intermediate solution at best. Thanks.

No it doesn't, it shows everything in your tenant, you'll see entries with no last modified date etc. The root column will show things like team sites, communication sites, video portals etc. All groups have groups sites, whether created from Yammer, Outlook, Teams etc.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

View solution in original post