groups iOS app

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I realise I might be in the wrong place for this question but I can't find anywhere else to ask the question.

It's about the Office 365 Outlook groups app for iOS. I want to be able to create a new email (or add addresses to an existing post) from the app. I can do this in OWA on the desktop but the app doesn't appear to let me add addresses to a post.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

4 Replies
On the iOS App, as happens with the Android one, you have the option to post messages to a Group. Just follow bellow steps:
(1) Browse a Group you are member of in the iOS App
(2) Once you are in the Group, you should see a pencil icon on the top right corner of your screen.
(3) Tab the pencil icon, write your message and simply publish it.

In case you want to write a message in an existing conversation, simply click on the conversation and write the message on the footer of your screen and publish it

Hi Juan Carlos,

Thanks for the reply. I understand what you're saying and I understand that. I want the functionality available in OWA in the PC version where I can add an email address to the conversation. We are trying to use groups to replace shared mailboxes but we need a consistent experience as a number of our users are largely iPad only. There seems to be no way on an iPad where you can send an email from a group unless you are replying to an incoming email. I've attached an image from OWA showing where you can add the email address and I want to know if this can be achieved on an iPad.

Cheers,

Mark

Ok, now I understand what you mean...what you can do, since this feature is not currently provided, is just post the idea (if there is not already there) at Groups user voice so the Groups team can be aware of it and consider if this is something that needs to be implemented or not. In the mean time, a workaround you can use is just write a regular e-mail to the Group using outlook App and add as many e-mail addresses as you need.

If you want to make a post or reply and add other people or groups, in the Outlook groups app, you can @ mention them.  This is still not going to give you the capability to add any email address, but as per the other comment, please enter the request in uservoice so we can prioritize this accordingly.