Groups E-Mail Digest - Roadmap ID 15126

Bronze Contributor
New feature: Digest email for groups in Outlook
MC102709
Veröffentlicht am : 23. Mai 2017
Läuft ab am : 30. Juni 2017
Digest email for groups in Outlook is a new Office 365 feature. You'll begin seeing this feature in the coming days.

This message is associated with Office 365 Roadmap ID 15126.
How does this affect me?

We are introducing digest email for groups in Outlook as a way to ensure that you are not missing out and are staying up to date on your groups' activity. The digest email will contain activity from your groups in Outlook, such as conversations, calendar items, etc. You can easily unsubscribe from a group to stop receiving the digest email.

We'll be gradually rolling this feature out in the following days, and the rollout will be completed over the coming weeks.

Interesting, and I think a good choice. This was something I was missing coming from Yammer regarding the initial onboarding of users. I personally don't need this, but I know my users will apreciate this.

Let's see how it pans out.

7 Replies

Well, if I'm subscribed to a Group, I will receive conversations/calendar items directly in my inbox anyway? Or am I reading this wrong? :)

I see what you mean but I guess this an easy way to stay up-to-date if you haven't been following every message or have been away for a while.  It looks like it will summarise every group you're a member of with key events that will be easy to glance at all in one place and still be able to follow along with developments, without much effort.  Let's see what it looks like.

Digests are hard to pull off well. Too long and they just become another case of too much information. Too short and they don't provide enough info to be useful.

The Yammer digests have always been useless to me, usually falling on the "too short" side, and not surfacing the most relevant and important info. Not sure what signals will be used to ensure the most useful info is included in these digests.

And is it one digest for all your groups, or one per group? Any way to control the timing (the random timing of the Message Center digest is irritating)? If I'm pushing group messages to a folder with an inbox rule and checking them sporadically will this digest get caught up in the same rule, therefore not being read anyway? Outlook items only (no Planner summary, Teams summary, etc)?

Does this feature have an opt-out setting (like per group)?

Like let each Group determine if they want the digest at all individually?

My read of the Message Center notice is that you'll get the digest(s) if you're subscribed to receive Group emails. Which seems odd to me. If I'm already getting the Group emails, I don't need a digest. But if I'm not subscribed to the Group emails, a weekly digest might actually be useful. So to me the feature would be of most value if I can subscribe or just receive a digest as separate options.

Hi,

Is there a way to turn off the digest emails that users receive? 

Thanks,

Shaun

Has anyone ever received a groups digest? I haven't. Has this been rolled out?

I totally forgot about that.