SOLVED

Group still appearing in GAL after setting HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled to true

Copper Contributor

We will soon be migrating from Google Workspace to Office 365 for our email.  We noticed that there are quite a few groups appearing in the GAL that we do not want to appear.  I set HiddenFromAddressListEnabled to true and gave it 24 hours but my test group is still appearing in the GAL.  

5 Replies
Are you actually checking the GAL though, or looking at the Offline GAL copy in Outlook?
best response confirmed by JR_McVicker (Copper Contributor)
Solution
OWA should reflect the changes almost immediately, I'd suggest you double-check the value and if you are still seeing the issue, open a support case.
It turns out that the two groups I was trying to hide was still appearing because I was also a member of the groups. I was able to successfully hide a different group and it disappeared instantly from the GAL while using OWA.
In case anyone else runs into this, I had to set both HiddenFromAddressListEnabled and HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled to true to get the groups to stop appearing in our GAL.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JR_McVicker (Copper Contributor)
Solution
OWA should reflect the changes almost immediately, I'd suggest you double-check the value and if you are still seeing the issue, open a support case.

View solution in original post