Group creation weirdness

MVP

I'm a little confused with what is/isn't supposed to happen when creating an Office 365 Group, initiated by Yammer.

First thing's first - Yammer and O365 Groups are connected, so that's fine.

I have created a new Yammer group which consequently created an O365 Group, however:

1. Planner does not appear to have been created for the group (clicking on the link from the Yammer group gives an error)

2. Group membership in Yammer does not seem to relate to membership of the O365 Group

3. Files uploaded to the Files tab in Yammer do not actually go into the document library, they seem to go into the old-school Yammer file storage

Any thoughts @Christophe Fiessinger or @Angus Florance? Is this normal behaviour due to the state of integration, or is something broken?

Thanks

8 Replies

I am having same problem.

I made group in Yammer. Then I got sharepoint site.

But I can't find that group in outlook, planner, Teams.

I have another group, and it is discoverable in outlook, planner, sharepoint site, but not in yammer.

It is very, very, very, very confusing.

@Loryan Strant wrote:

1. Planner does not appear to have been created for the group (clicking on the link from the Yammer group gives an error)

2. Group membership in Yammer does not seem to relate to membership of the O365 Group

These seem to be bugs, I'm getting the same, will open a ticket. Might be related to the backfill.

@Loryan Strant wrote:

3. Files uploaded to the Files tab in Yammer do not actually go into the document library, they seem to go into the old-school Yammer file storage

This is correct, at this stage there will be files in Yammer and SharePoint, at some future stage of integration they will become merged, but there's no date on that.

@Juhyun Kim wrote:

But I can't find that group in outlook, planner, Teams.

You should be seeing it in Planner, but not Outlook or Teams. A group created from Yammer has Yammer Conversations instead of Outlook Conversations.

Lorant, please open tickets for the first two issues so that we can investigate.

As Steven noted, for number 3, we have not made a change yet to have SharePoint be the default file storage.
Hi Adrian, are you not able to replicate this? Seems it's more than my customer's tenant.

Yammer and Teams are not connected.  Please vote for this feature here:  https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18692566-create-a-microsoft-te...

No - I am not able to replicate. Please log a ticket with support so that we can look into what's causing this for you.