Group Calendar in Outlook 2016

Iron Contributor

Is this how Group Calendar should work? I open Group Calendar from Outlook 2016 client (ver. 1803) with Open Calendar >> From Address Book. In Group Calendar I can see my own personal calendar meetings as busy/out of office. Why my own meetings/appointments are showing in the Group calendar?

Also some O365 Group Calendars are listed under My Calendars in Outlook 2016, but some I need to explicitly open and then they are added then under Shared Calendars. Where is this inconsistency coming from?

26 Replies

@Georgeina Baker 

Strange, you should see a 'Groups' section.

Outlook2.png

Smashing - thanks @Stephen

Just wanted to throw this out there, if your a member of a private group, and it is not showing in the groups in your outlook, try this command: 

Set-UnifiedGroup -Identity $GroupEmail -HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled:$False -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled:$False

be sure to replace $GroupEmail with your actual groups email address.

@Teemu Strand at least yours shows Blocked.  On any Group Calendar I create I see everyone of my individual appointments rather than showing Blocked.   I am trying to create a Group Calendar to add to a Microsoft Team site.  The problem is there are 15 people in the group and all of their individual appointments show up in the Group calendar.  It is so hard to read and really non-functional.

This solved the issue. now i can overlay both group and personal calendars!

Thanks.

THANK YOU! @Stephen Harling