Great milestone from the SharePoint team: Users quickly create sites connected to Office 365 Groups

Microsoft

Create connected SharePoint Online team sites in seconds

Users quickly create sites connected to Office 365 Groups from the SharePoint home page
When it comes to managing information and building business apps, people turn to SharePoint Online team sites—to create multimedia news articles, manage documents, track data in lists and more. Users can create SharePoint Online team sites connected to Office 365 Groups by clicking the Create site button on the SharePoint home page in Office 365. A two-step creation wizard will fly out from the right. Step one: Enter the title of the team site, select whether the group will be public or private, choose the site classification and then click Next. Step two: Enter the owners and members, click Finish and you’re done. A modern SharePoint Online team site is provisioned and ready for use in seconds.

10 Replies
This is enabled/disabled by the SharePoint Admin Center > Settings > Start a Site > Hide the link/Show the link setting, correct?

Does a Group HAVE to be created if you go this method?

Do this Q&A at the bottom of the blog post answers your question?

Q. What happens if my company already built a custom site collection provisioning solution?
A. If you have built a custom site collection provisioning solution, you will be able to maintain it when you select the Use this form at this URL: checkbox. We are working on updating SharePoint Patterns and Practices (PnP) guidance so you can provision a new, modern team site connected to Office 365 Groups (instead of a classic site)—you will be able to programmatically do one or the other per your requirements.

The official announcement Microsoft states that the Start a Site for Site Creation and you will be able to choose site creation experience for your tenant with or without a Group

Great update, the site creation options have hit my FR tenant.  

Will these options be reflected when I create a site via the SharePoint Admin Center or have the option via PowerShell?

2016-11-09 16_13_57-https___concurrencyinc-admin.sharepoint.com__layouts_15_online_TenantSettings.as.png

We have two users on first release but I haven't seen it. Do we need to have entire organization on it? I think not. Thus, I have to believe that it hasn't rolled out to all first release customers. Is that true @Christophe Fiessinger?

I have two tenants that are configured in selective FR and full RS respectively and while I'm seeing the new administration options for both tenants, I'm not seeing yet the new site creation experience integrated in the SPO landing page
Any timeline on the publishing of the PnP updates?

@Juan Carlos González Martín wrote:
I have two tenants that are configured in selective FR and full RS respectively and while I'm seeing the new administration options for both tenants, I'm not seeing yet the new site creation experience integrated in the SPO landing page

same here, Full Tenant FR, I have the admin options, but not the SharePoint Landing Page "Create Site" button visible.

Not even the "old one", it's just blank at the moment.

Is this rolled out for 100% of First Release customers now? I cannot see this in my tenant yet.