Feature Request: Modern UI on by default for O365 Groups SP Sites (diff from other non Group sites)

Silver Contributor

So we are trying to prepare for a rollout/migration to O365 Groups, and one frustration running into is the "Modern" settings in the SharePoint Admin Center.

SPAdminExperienceSetting.jpgWe turned off the Modern settings because we have customizations injected into every SharePoint site, however, Groups is a different animal, and the connected SharePoint Lite (someone else used this phrase, I am adopting it as well in explanations) site is built for the modern UI.  However, because we turned it off in the SP Admin Center to protect our primary SharePoint intranet environment, it also means a weird user experience automatically in the Groups sites.

Request:  Provide a separate setting for SharePoint sites connected to O365 Groups to enable Modern UI on by default.  Since we are not even allowed to inject the customizations we need into the O365 Group Sites anyways, it doesnt benefit to force to old UI.  

To get around this now, it requires manually changing the setting on Lists and Libraries, or running powershell scripts, but alot of extra effort that is not needed.

UserVoice for Voting: https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/286611-office-365-groups/suggestions/16652509-enterprise-sett...

3 Replies

Hello evry one 

i have some problem

i create 2 groupe in yammer and want to  administer some right using csv and powershell

ican i do? any one have some idea?

thanks

Ey Brent,
Have you try to automate by yourself this scenario by simply disabling the underlying features using PowerShell? In theory you could leave the New experience (autodetect) setting and execute the PS script that disable the required features per site where you don't want to have the new experience. By the way, I agree It would be really nice to have that setting at the site level
Ya, i've seen that, the main issue is I dont WANT to do that :)

We are still creating and doing lots of sites with our custom stuff (not tied to Groups), so it seems it could be a never ending battle.