Enable but restrict/limit guest access

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi,

I'd like to enable or facilitate external sharing but on a per-request basis. Can someone point me me in the direction of how to limit external sharing on a per-user or per-site/group basis so that we don't open the floodgates for everyone to share externally.

Cheers,

Baronne

4 Replies
Do you mean to configure external sharing under a request? If so, you could articulate this (for instance) by means of a Forms Form / PowerApp where you users register a request to be able to share a site, you receive a notification and then you can setup the access setting for the site
Also, regarding external sharing in sites and groups etc you have to enable it globally and then prohibit sharing in the places you don’t want to share!

There’s also the option to only allow sharing with people already in your directory! Which means an admin have to create the user in AAD then you ca. For example invite the user to a group/ team etc...this can be request based as said by Juan Carlos
So I guess that's what I am trying to understand. If I follow the steps to enable external sharing on sites and groups etc. - it appears to be a global setting and assume then all users will be allowed to share externally if they wish. However, I would like to enable globally, but block/prevent all sites from being allowed to share externally (as a default), and only when a request comes in to allow sharing on that site/group (assuming it can only be enabled at a site/group level?)

You can configure most sharing settings per SC, using the Set-SPOSite cmdlet: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/sharepoint-online/set-sposite?view=sharepoint-ps