SOLVED

Content Type Hub Syndication with office365 Groups

Brass Contributor

Hey all,

I'm trying to see if anyone is able to get content type hub syndication working with the new O365 Group sites. I have it working for our normal sites, but none of the custom content types are coming into the group sites. Any ideas on this? 
When I look under 'Content Type Publishing' in the site settings of the group site, I can confirm that it is subscribed, it just doesn't seem to be doing anything. Thanks!

28 Replies

that would be great!

thanks, I've added my 3 votes.

Im just checking this. This would be the first place to look for viable consistency. Im going to try a test publish to CTH and then swing back tot he Office365 groups

best response confirmed by Levi Johnson (Brass Contributor)

Appreciate this is an old thread but I wondered what sort've turn around time you guys see from creating a new group to when content types are actually synched into the group site? Last week I was seeing this occur quite quickly after a site was programmatically created via MSGraph but this week after several hours my site policies in the content type hub still haven't come down. From a bit of reading of unofficial blog posts it seems it may take between 24-48 hours sometimes in the SPO world, is this what others are seeing?

For classic sites its obviously instant (i.e. as soon as a sites created my site policies from CT Hub are visible), I'm just talking about modern sites.

I haven't been using groups, so I'm not sure. I haven't tested it since I posted. Still waiting to hear that it works, lol :D

This is working for me today. Old group sites automatically inherit the CTH CTs, and new group sites eventually get the CTs ( I had to wait sometime, after checking back within an hour the CTH CTs were there)

Hi 

This is working in modern team sites as deployed in the sp-starter-kit demo it did take a while on my dev tenant.   However, I don't want visit each of my Hub/communication & Modern team sites and manually request a refresh. SO is there any PowerShell commands that will let me do this automatically ?

Content Publishing.png