SOLVED

Can't create new groups in Outlook 2016 desktop app

Steel Contributor

I'm global admin, and am able to create groups via the web interface, however, when  I attempt to do the same in Outlook 2016 desktop app (via the ribbon button "New Group") I cannot. The "Create Group" dialog pops open, I supply the information, but the "Ok" button remains disabled. Can anyone confirm this? I'm using Office 2016 first release, if that possibly makes a difference. Perhaps I have some setting/option that's inhibiting creation this way, but I can't figure out what that might be.

OLKGroupCreateCapture.PNG

Thanks in advance for suggestions/confirmation,

Bob

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Bob Manjoney (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Bob Manjoney and sorry that you have run into this issue with creating groups. I believe that this is a known bug that has been fixed in a subsequent build. In the meantime, I have made a service-side flighting update that should resolve this issue for you, if you close and reopen Outlook.

Please confirm if this issue is resolved for you now.

If you are still seeing this issue, can you clarify something for me? When you say "Office 2016 first release", do you mean that you are receiving Office 365 ProPlus client updates via First Release for Current Channel (Office Insider Fast)? You can verify this from the Product Information panel in Outlook: File > Office Account > panel on right hand side of screen.

Thanks,

Jenn Lu 

Thank you, @Jennifer Lu. Your service-side flighting update has resolved this issue.

Once I restarted Outlook, I the "Ok" button enabled properly and I'm able to create groups. I am using Version 1704, Current Channel First Release (Office Insider Fast).

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Bob Manjoney (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Bob Manjoney and sorry that you have run into this issue with creating groups. I believe that this is a known bug that has been fixed in a subsequent build. In the meantime, I have made a service-side flighting update that should resolve this issue for you, if you close and reopen Outlook.

Please confirm if this issue is resolved for you now.

If you are still seeing this issue, can you clarify something for me? When you say "Office 2016 first release", do you mean that you are receiving Office 365 ProPlus client updates via First Release for Current Channel (Office Insider Fast)? You can verify this from the Product Information panel in Outlook: File > Office Account > panel on right hand side of screen.

Thanks,

Jenn Lu 

View solution in original post