SOLVED

Access to SharePoint document library in private group

Copper Contributor

When I create a private group on MS Graph, I need to wait more than 10 minutes(sometimes much much more, even 1 hour) to be able to access that group on SharePoint? Other owners and members that I added to the group can access this group almost immediately. Is there a way of doing this so that I don't need to wait that long?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Milos Kerkez (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I'm using app-only permissions to create Groups using the Graph and it to works. It takes time before the welcome e-mail arrives, but I can manually find the Group in the Outlook UI and start using it.

The SharePoint site for the Groups is however not automatically created, and one user has to hit OneNote/Files via the UI for the site to be provisionined.

Are you using app-only or delegated permissions?

I switch to app-only permissions and now it's working fine.
Thanks.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Milos Kerkez (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I'm using app-only permissions to create Groups using the Graph and it to works. It takes time before the welcome e-mail arrives, but I can manually find the Group in the Outlook UI and start using it.

The SharePoint site for the Groups is however not automatically created, and one user has to hit OneNote/Files via the UI for the site to be provisionined.

Are you using app-only or delegated permissions?

View solution in original post