SOLVED

Access reviews for attestation requires Azure AD Premium 2

Silver Contributor

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2017/10/05/improving-access-control-with-thre...

Really disappointed around the requirement for Azure AD Premium 2 to improve access control for Office 365 Groups. This really is a hidden running cost for features most organisations need. What do others think?

7 Replies

With the cost of stepping up from E3 to E5 being so steep, some of the Azure AD Premium features including these new ones are just out of our grasp.  Nice features that I will never get to use.

E5 doesnt actually include it, you need EMS E5. But agreed, not a big fan of this model...

I assumed that if I have Azure AD Premium 2 and an E1 - E5 licence, rather than full E5 EMS, I would be covered for this functionality. Is that correct?
I assumed that if I have Azure AD Premium 2 and an E1 - E5 licence, rather than full E5 EMS, I would be covered for this functionality. Is that correct?
best response confirmed by John Wynne (Silver Contributor)
Solution

That would be my understanding yes.  It's that, EMS E5 or Microsoft 365 E5 otherwise.

An interesting looking feature, very practical as well.  One more thing you only get with the extra licences.

DLYAvF3XcAA0sb8.jpg

Thanks Cian. I purchased P1 earlier to gain Office 365 Groups features looks like P2 will become a requirement for granular management.

Yes, Azure AD access reviews will, when it GAs, likely be included in Azure AD Premium P2.  Azure AD Premium P2 today includes identity protection and privileged identity management, as well as the features of Azure AD Premium P1.  (See https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/active-directory/ ; Azure AD Premium P2 can be purchased as its own SKU, and is part of EMS E5.)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by John Wynne (Silver Contributor)
Solution

That would be my understanding yes.  It's that, EMS E5 or Microsoft 365 E5 otherwise.

An interesting looking feature, very practical as well.  One more thing you only get with the extra licences.

DLYAvF3XcAA0sb8.jpg

View solution in original post