Ability to hide email of guest users to private office365 groups

Copper Contributor

Hello, is there a way to hide email of guest users in Office365 group set to private? Right now also for private groups I see that the email of guest users are "public" also for not participant of the group.

Thanks.

Francesco

5 Replies
No, it's not possible...there is an item in the Office 365 roadmap abut hide membership in Groups...we also discover last week that the parameter in the Set-UnifiedGroup for hidding group members is not there anynore

Thanks Francesco for reaching out! We do have hidden membership in road-map but in that case the members of the group would be able see the members.

I would like to understand your scenario & requirement better, so to suggest a solution if possible.

Lets take this conversation through Private Message.

Ey Sahil...one question: could you please clarify why the attribute to hide membership in the Set-UnifiedGroup cmdlet is not available anymore?

We moved this hiddenmembershipenabled parameter to AAD. As part of the first release this parameter is not mutable in AAD. This means that you can set the parameter only at group creation time and you will not be able to modify this after the creation of the group. Hence the set-unifiedgroup does not have this parameter today.  In summary

1. You can hide membership for a group, but only when you create the group and only through PowerShell.
2. You cannot unhide membership for a group afterwards.

3. You cannot hide membership for an existing group

Thanks for the clarification...sincerely I won't suggest to customers to user this feature until the full story of hide membership is finished. I'm sure customers are going to ask for having the flexibility to hide and unhide group membership depending on their requirements...my key question here is why did you decide to remove the ability of updating the hide membership setting in the Set-UnifiedGroup cmdlet