Create own Smart Lists in 'To-Do'

Create own Smart Lists in 'To-Do'

Upvotes

Upvote

Jun 18 2021
3 Comments (3 New)
New

Hi there, would it be possible to get the option to create our own Smart Lists, with custom criteria?

e.g. I use the Categories function to add tags to various tasks to help me tell them apart, so I would like the option to create a Smart List that shows all tasks (no matter what other list they are already in) as long as they have a specific category tag.

Please see attached PDF document attached with annotated screenshots/mockups.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. :)

Comments
Copper Contributor

I would love to see custom smart lists as well. I use tags in my tasks frequently and I use the same logic in Apple's reminders app. Please add custom smart lists to Microsoft To Do.

Copper Contributor

I'd really like to be able to create custom smart lists, or at least have a few more built-in smart lists.

It would be great to be able to have Urgent tasks, as well as Important.

It would be even better to be able to have both flagged together!

Copper Contributor

Yeah I am so accustomed to use Things3 on my Mac. It is very critical for my workflow to use Custom smart filters like: 

1. Inbox: collect all new emails, tasks that I capture. So I could quickly go back later to organize those items to properly schedule them 

2. Unplanned: quickly identify only those items don’t have a date assigned. 
3. Overdue: Those I missed and quickly catch up to complete them

4. Mobile: those items I don’t need my PC to do. So I could get it done like sitting in an airplane or waiting for a taxi. 
I need to spend at least much more time to do these in To Do and so much context switch to look through the not relevant one to “hunt” for what I needed and could do in between meetings. That degraded my productivity significantly. :unamused_face: