SOLVED

Web Content Filtering Policy

Iron Contributor

Hi,

I need to configure a policy for a group of devices. What I need is that those devices can access only internal web applications, but all public internet access is denied.

Is it possible to configure this kind of policy using WCF on Microsoft Defender?

Thanks

2 Replies
best response confirmed by dmarquesgn (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hello @dmarquesgn,

Web Content Filtering allows you to track and regulate access to websites based on their content categories. I don't think you can use WCF to block access to the Internet. 

But if you have Intune or Active Directory you can configure Defender Firewall to allow access only to internal web apps.  

Hi,
Thanks. I've been testing WCF on Defender 365 and you're right, only blocks specific categories.
We're using Intune recently, so I'll try to check how to configure that kind of policy for Defender Firewall.
Thanks
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dmarquesgn (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hello @dmarquesgn,

Web Content Filtering allows you to track and regulate access to websites based on their content categories. I don't think you can use WCF to block access to the Internet. 

But if you have Intune or Active Directory you can configure Defender Firewall to allow access only to internal web apps.  

View solution in original post