Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Secure Score MS Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi, Im working on my secure score in the Microsoft 365 Defencer portal.

I have 2 things that are not scoreing correct with Teams.

Only invited users should be automatically admitted to Teams meetings
Configure which users are allowed to present in Teams meetings

I only have a global policy, all others are grayed out and mention 
"Do not assign. This policy is same as global defaults and would be deprecated"

So can only edit the global one. 

But secure score does not see this as finished.

Points achieved
1.73/2

Anybody any idea how to fix this ?

4 Replies

@PatrickZegels Maybe you have solved it by now, but I thought to provide somewhat of an answer nontheless.

I have the same issue. Only our score is 1.89. The reason I think is that altough most policies are grayed out and deprecated, they still can be assigned to some users. If such a policy is configured to accept guest users, point are reducted.

From PowerShell you can connect to Teams and list the users that have a specific policy assigned.

Connect-MicrosoftTeams

Get-CsOnlineUser -ResultSize Unlimited | Where {$_.TeamsMeetingPolicy -ne $Null} | fl UserPrincipalName,TeamsMeetingPolicy

Assign those users the default TeamsMeetingPolicy in the GUI or in PowerShell and the number should rise. The command for this is:

Grant-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity UserPrincipalName -PolicyName $null

In my case, a number of accounts cannot be altered due to "provisioning errors". Still working on that.

@Maxim_van_Luttikhuizen 

I'm getting the same issue. The recommendation for "Configure which users are allowed to present in Teams meetings" is only showing 1/2 and the recommended setting "Roles that have presenter rights in meetings" just does not exist!

We only use the global policy and every user is assigned it, so I have no idea what is going on here or how to solve it. The idea of creating a support ticket gives be PTSD.

@Anthony Russell 

The solution from Maxim_van_Luttikhuizen worked for me. 

It didn't work for me. It doesn't list any users. I'm simply confused in that the setting it asks you to change just doesn't exist in any policy.