Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Office 365 Threat Intelligence connection

Iron Contributor

Hi there,

I'm trying to enable the Office 365 Threat Intelligence connection here:

security.microsoft.com > settings > endpoints > advanced features > Office 365 Threat Intelligence connection.

The error says:

Cannot turn feature on. Use an account with security administrator permissions in O365 security and compliance.

I'm using an azure ad global admin with whom I've given the security administrator role from:
https://compliance.microsoft.com/ > permissions > roles - Microsoft Purview Permissions: role - Security Administrator

I've also given my global admin these roles:
Azure AD: Security administrator
Purview: Security administrator

But I still get this error when turning on the connector:

bobsyouruncle_0-1681412829536.png

Suggestions???
(thanks in advance)

1 Reply
best response confirmed by SocInABox (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@SocInABox 

it's a known issue - you can safely ignore this - the explicit steps to enable this are no longer required - and will be removed at some point in the future.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SocInABox (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@SocInABox 

it's a known issue - you can safely ignore this - the explicit steps to enable this are no longer required - and will be removed at some point in the future.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.

View solution in original post