Not every organization has the capacity nor the expertise to have a dedicated security operations team. Others may need a second set of eyes to review alerts in their network or simply want to ensure that they keep up with the latest techniques being used by adversaries. Some may want an additional assessment of their security posture or just need some evaluation of possible vulnerabilities in their network, while others need immediate help on ongoing breach.
Microsoft security services, together with a vast network of partners help address these challenges across global regions for public companies, private industries, and government entities to help protect against the most sophisticated adversaries. Joining forces with our extensive ecosystem of leading services partners that provide offerings such as managed threat hunting and managed detection and response, enables us to offer the best security solutions from Microsoft with the services your organization needs to secure your business.
To help you discover the range of security services offerings available to you, we’re excited to announce a new professional services catalog now available in Microsoft 365 Defender. At the moment, you can find it under Endpoints > Partners & APIs > Professional Services at security.microsoft.com. While it’s in the Endpoints section for the time being, you’ll find partners that support and build on many of our security products.
We’ve organized both first and third-party services along the following categories:
- Educate and maintain your internal team’s security capabilities to prevent, detect, contain, and remediate threats.
- Evolve your organization’s security posture through improved processes and technologies that modernize threat detection, containment, and remediation capabilities.
- Protect your organization by proactively evaluate your organization’s ability to effectively prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats before they disrupt your business.
- Respond to security incidents quickly, effectively and at scale with complete incident response including investigation, containment, remediation, and crisis management.
- Managed security services that assist organizations to detect threats early and help minimize the impact of a breach.
Figure 1: Image of Professional services catalog
Within each of the categories, you’ll see both Microsoft and third-party services that align to it along with a short description.
Click View to open up a fly-out screen on the right with additional details about the service, a typical engagement duration, a description of outcomes, and a link directly to the partner page about the service.
Figure 2: Professional services catalog experience
Microsoft professional services are here to help
Microsoft has a range of security services that are offered to customers, including:
- Microsoft Threat Experts - Microsoft Threat Experts - Targeted Attack Notifications is a managed threat hunting service. Once you apply and get accepted, you'll receive targeted attack notifications from Microsoft threat experts, so you won't miss critical threats to your environment. These notifications will help you protect your organization's endpoints, email, and identities. Microsoft Threat Experts – Experts on Demand lets you get expert advice about threats your organization is facing. It's available as a subscription service.
- Microsoft Managed Desktop - If you are looking for someone to manage your desktop security, Microsoft Managed Desktop is a unique ITaaS solution that combines endpoint management and security monitoring and response in a way that gives users a secure and productive device experience that IT pros can trust.
- Microsoft Detection and Response Team (DART) – If you have experienced a breach, the Microsoft Detection and Response Team will help your organization establish visibility of attacker activity, instantly start remediation, limit financial impact, get you back to business faster, and help you become cyber-resilient.
- Microsoft Consulting Services - Microsoft Consulting Services help you prepare for the future, identify risks, and upgrade your environment by applying enterprise technology to business problems and guiding digital transformation. Through a rich set of Security solutions, Microsoft Consulting Services can help you modernize your Security posture by applying Zero Trust principles and modernize your Security Operations.
- Compromise Recovery Security Practice (CRSP) – Part of Microsoft Consulting Services, the CRSP team can help you recover your environment post-security breach or ransomware attack.
Designed to deliver best-of-breed security, Microsoft offers partners opportunities to extend their existing security offerings on top of our open framework and a rich and complete set of APIs, allowing them to build extensions and integrations to Microsoft’s security platform. Security vendors interested in becoming our partners can use this page to get started.
As always, we welcome your feedback and would be glad to keep in touch.
Already a partner? Want to be in the catalog?
Please contact us at M365D_Prof_Serv_Cata@microsoft.com with your offering information and we will be happy to discuss your nomination for the catalog.