SOLVED

Microsoft 365 Business and Azure Information P1 Not A Full Version?

Iron Contributor

Hi Guys,

I've just spent countless hours on with support and their final analysis came back with the following:

AIP P1 is enabled in M365B BUT you cannot encrypt emails (Outlook Mail Encryption) from within the Outlook desktop client.  It is possible to do from with OWA but the desktop client does not have access to the Rights Management templates.  They referenced this article which seems to match up with what they said.

However, the M365B service description doesn't make this clear as AIP P1 is included so the assumption was that it was a full working version.  This is also similar to Azure AD P1 -- M365B doesn't really have all of the features.

Reference the section "Outlook in Office 365 subscriptions"

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Outlook-license-requirements-for-Exchange-features-46B6B7C5...

Can someone help confirm my findings?  I've been promoting OME to clients who will be converting to M365B so I might need to eat crow.

Thank you.

6 Replies

Hi David,

We're looking into this.  OME should work in your scenario.  I have a couple of questions:

1. Are you using Office 2016 Business that's part of the Microsoft 365 Business subscription?

2. Did you install the AIP client?

Thanks!

David

Hi David Yes - we are using the one that comes with M365B. Yes - We have the AIP client installed
We can classify the email using the "Protection" button and tag it as "Personal, Confidential, etc.." However, when we go to the options tab and click on permissions, it says to connect to rights management server and get templates. When we click on that button, we get: "Your machine ins't set up for Information Rights Management (IRM). To set up IRM, sign in to Office, open an existing IRM protected message or document, or contact your help desk." Support has spent hours on this and their final analysis is that OME will not work with M365B because the outlook client is not Pro Plus. Like I mentioned above, it works fine in OWA.

Thanks for that.

We'll look into this and see what needs to be done to get OME working in Outlook in Microsoft 365 Business.  We'll start by trying to reproduce this issue and go from there.  In the meantime, please continue to use OWA as a workaround.

I also appreciate you bringing that article to our attention.  We'll update that to include Outlook in Microsoft 365 Business.  It only lists Outlook in Office 365 Business, which is not the same (even though the names are similar).

I'll post an update here as soon as we have more info.  You should expect a response by the end of the week.

Best Regards,

David

best response confirmed by David Wanderer (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hi David, I wanted to give you a quick update that we were able to reproduce the problem and are investigating. I'll post an update as soon as I know when this will be fixed.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by David Wanderer (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hi David, I wanted to give you a quick update that we were able to reproduce the problem and are investigating. I'll post an update as soon as I know when this will be fixed.

View solution in original post