DLP Policy tips in Microsoft 365 Business premium Outlook Client

Copper Contributor

Hi,

DLP is supported in Microsoft 365 Business Premium but DLP policy tips in the outlook client don´t seem to be working. Is this by design because it contains Office Business apps (Microsoft 365 Apps for business now) and not pro plus?

Best regards

/Daniel

5 Replies

Hi @DanielDustin,

DLP policy tips Outlook desktop with Microsoft 365 Business Premium has been fixed. You should see policy tips after you get the June fork, and that will depend on the update channel you're using.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-microsoft365-apps-by-date

Hope that helps!

David

Hi @David Bjurman-Birr reviving this thread as it would seem something is broken again.  In testing DLP policies using a demo tenant created at cdx.transform.microsoft.com for Microsoft 365 Business Premium, I am unable to get policy tips to appear in Outlook desktop or web and Office applications.  The following links lead one to believe something may not yet be resolved with DLP in general.  Are you able to confirm?

Outlook DLP policy tips not working for certain conditions in email body and attachments - Outlook (...

Fixes or workarounds for recent issues in Outlook for PC - Outlook (microsoft.com)

@twhee001 

Based on that article, it looks like there may be an issue affecting DLP for all customers and the Outlook team is investigating/fixing. If you see a difference specific to M365 BP let me know and I'll try to reproduce.

@David Bjurman-Birr Thanks for your reply and will do!

Same, this needs a fix fast. Potentially devastating liability issues at play here.