SOLVED

What happens with whiteboards after employees leave the company?

Iron Contributor

Hi there,

I am asking myself if whiteboards will be deleted, if some employee created and shared them and then leaves the company? 

I guess they won't, if they have been created via Teams, but what is with Whiteboards which have been created locally? Where exactly are they stored?

Thanks in advance for your help and regards,

Sophie

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Sophie_Bruehl (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Sophie_Bruehl Hi, Whiteboards are stored in the OneDrive for Business (if having the new opt-in otherwise Azure) of the person who starts the whiteboard. The folder "Whiteboard" will automatically be created. This includes whiteboards created in the stand-alone Whiteboard applications as well as Microsoft Teams meetings, chats and channels.

ChristianJBergstrom_0-1634911787701.png

As they are stored in OneDrive it comes down to the OneDrive retention or retention policies.

OneDrive retention and deletion - OneDrive | Microsoft Docs

Let me add this too! 

Is Whiteboard data moving to OneDrive for Business?

Whiteboard Moving Its Storage to OneDrive for Business - Office 365 for IT Pros (office365itpros.com...

Hi @ChristianJBergstrom,
the whiteboards in my tenant are still stored in Azure and one person leaves the company. Do ou know how I can access these whiteboards in azure?

Thanks so much and kind regards,
Sophie
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sophie_Bruehl (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Sophie_Bruehl Hi, Whiteboards are stored in the OneDrive for Business (if having the new opt-in otherwise Azure) of the person who starts the whiteboard. The folder "Whiteboard" will automatically be created. This includes whiteboards created in the stand-alone Whiteboard applications as well as Microsoft Teams meetings, chats and channels.

ChristianJBergstrom_0-1634911787701.png

As they are stored in OneDrive it comes down to the OneDrive retention or retention policies.

OneDrive retention and deletion - OneDrive | Microsoft Docs

Let me add this too! 

Is Whiteboard data moving to OneDrive for Business?

Whiteboard Moving Its Storage to OneDrive for Business - Office 365 for IT Pros (office365itpros.com...

View solution in original post