SOLVED

What are the core differences between Office 2013 and Office ProPlus? especially running MS Teams

Iron Contributor

What are the core differences between Office 2013 and Office ProPlus? especially running MS Teams. 

We have a mix bag of users and due to some legacy apps the users are unable to upgrade from Office 2013 to ProPlus. I need a comparison of the pros and cons and especially how it affects using MS Teams and SharePoint Online.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Faiza Qadri (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi, the main point I'd make is Office 2013 connections to Office 365 services will be supported until October 2020, so that could figure in your appraisal.  After this time Office 365 only supports client connectivity from subscription clients (Office 365 ProPlus) or Office perpetual clients within mainstream support (Office 2016 and Office 2019). 

This is from a good while back now but you may be interested in it anyway:

8662.Office-2019-and-Office-365

Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook for Windows, by the way, supports from Office 2010 onwards.  In general, I don't think there should be issues using Office 2013 with Teams or SharePoint, except bearing in mind the main point I made.

Thanks for the quick reply Cian. The Office image you posted do you have a link to it?

@Faiza Qadri Not sure where the source was originally, likely to have been from an Ignite presentation a few years back and I used it in an article I wrote, which is where you will find the image now - Office 365 ProPlus and Office 2019 Comparison.

Looking for something more recent, there is this from here:

O365ProPlus.png

and this:

O365ProPlus2.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Faiza Qadri (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi, the main point I'd make is Office 2013 connections to Office 365 services will be supported until October 2020, so that could figure in your appraisal.  After this time Office 365 only supports client connectivity from subscription clients (Office 365 ProPlus) or Office perpetual clients within mainstream support (Office 2016 and Office 2019). 

This is from a good while back now but you may be interested in it anyway:

8662.Office-2019-and-Office-365

Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook for Windows, by the way, supports from Office 2010 onwards.  In general, I don't think there should be issues using Office 2013 with Teams or SharePoint, except bearing in mind the main point I made.

View solution in original post