Trying to create a detailed Form in OneNote...

Copper Contributor

Hi

I do not have access to MS Forms and I am trying to create a detailed form that I could subsequently save as a OneNote template - Looking to create something similar to the attached screenshot - Basically a basic form to track some sales lead info.

I have searched other template sites, but cannot find any samples that I could download or purchase - cannot find anything with a large # of fields, like my screenshot ?

Alternatively, I am happy to build something from scratch using another tool, PROVIDED THAT I can subsequently save it as a "OneNote Template" & use it repeatedly.

I have taken a quick look at the sites for FastField, JotForm & Cognito and although they might allow me to create a similar form, I see no way that I could subsequently save it as a OneNote template ?

Would really appreciate some help in creating a similar form, or locating an existing template that I could update

Many Thanks

MikeSample Form.jpg

1 Reply

Hi @Hypercane - Microsoft Forms, at least the free version, would not allow you to create a form like your screenshot. You could either create a basic table in OneNote 2016 or create the form first via Excel, insert the spreadsheet onto a OneNote page and then save it as a template. The drawback to the 2nd is that you have to click 'edit' first, but it would give you more than just a basic table with simple fields - you could define dropdowns and date fields, etc.

Outside that, I think you may be looking for too much from OneNote.