SOLVED

The case of the disappearing Office 365 ProPlus features

Brass Contributor

I access  from the same laptop:

1 - My personal Office 365 Home account using my primary Microsoft account. This is the account I installed Office 2016 from and I am on version 1710. (per the software I have the latest upgrade)

2 - My business Office 365 E3 subscription

3 - I administer and have user accounts for 2 different Office 365 for Education (A3)subscriptions and another business (E3) subscription.

I all of a sudden features that existed have disappeared, i.e. PowerPoint Designer, 3D drawings for example. I wanted to demo these in a webinar and they were no longer available.

NOTE: I also have Dictation and Translator installed from Microsoft Garage.

Did MS pull these features? I worked through them before with no problem, now they have disappeared.  Before you ask, yes, Intelligent Services is turned on.

Anyone have a suggestion as to "What's going on?"

Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by DITUG President (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Different versions have different features, as do different tenants.
Your Office 2016 would be getting its feature from the tenant/subscription that it is signed into (on the right side of the Office Account screen where it shows "belongs to user@user.com").
Is it getting it from the right one?

Thanks Loryan,

It seems that I had to login to each Office 365 subscription individually and then perform an Office update in order to get all of the Office Pro Plus current features for all of the subscriptions that I access. That way I have the latest features regardless of what subscription I am using.

Thanks for your help.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DITUG President (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Different versions have different features, as do different tenants.
Your Office 2016 would be getting its feature from the tenant/subscription that it is signed into (on the right side of the Office Account screen where it shows "belongs to user@user.com").
Is it getting it from the right one?

View solution in original post