Paused Servicing Profile appears to still be applying

Copper Contributor

I'm new to M365, so forgive me if this is obvious to others here.

I had a Monthly Enterprise Servicing Policy running that was pushing out 64-bit Office to my users, but we discovered too late that some software had a 32-bit dependency. I split my users into two groups and targeted the policy at those users who could happily use 64-bit and created an SCEM deployment to change architecture back to 32-bit for those users who couldn't.

Unfortunately, every time we install 32-bit Office on those machines, the 64-bit version comes along and does a silent rip/replace on it, so we decided to pause the policy. 24 hours later, it is still doing it and I cannot work out why.

I do have a 64-bit deployment in SCEM too, but it is definitely targeted at the 64-bit group, and is set to "available" anyway, not "required". It is not a dependancy of any other apps, so nothing else is calling it to install, so I think it's the Servicing Policy, I just don't understand how.

Some hints on where to look to track down this behaviour would be appreciated.

Thank you.

2 Replies
Jim, can you please reach out to us through the feedback feature? Go to the Servicing Profile page (https://config.office.com/officeSettings/serviceprofile), hit "give feedback" in the upper right hand corner and submit feedback regarding the profile not being paused. Add your email as well, so we can get in touch with you.
HI Martin,

I have provided feedback as you requested.

I have also targeted this policy at a dummy group, to try and restrict its impact, even though it is paused, but it looks like it is still applying to devices that it had previously updated.