Onenote notes randomly disappearing but I can still search for them

Copper Contributor

Hey!

When I opened onenote today I found to my suprise that three of my recently made onenote pages had disappeared. I've tried to look for them on onenote online, onedrive and under the "deleted notes" tab but without any success. What boggles my mind is that when I search for the name of the notes (image down below), they appear but I CANT access them by clicking on the files. Has anyoneelse experienced a similar issue and know how to fix it?

Thank you in advance!!

3e59f6e64a20a802432f06be2990026b.png

4 Replies
I have had the same thing over the last couple of days and looks like there are a few other similar posts... I assume this is a bug in OneNote? They need to fix ASAP if it's just deleting random people's notes

This is Eric from the OneNote team, wanting to make sure you're aware that the OneNote engineering team has acknowledged this issue and is actively investigating.

We are working to get to the root of the issue.

We sincerely apologize for the pain and inconvenience this is causing and are working hard on a fix to apply as soon as possible.

@OneNotePMMSFT  Did this ever resolve?? I have searched through all the forums, even ones dating back to 2015 and I have not seen a solution posted. I tried accessing the shared One Note, but the tabs constantly disappearing is infuriating. 

This is happening to me on a regular basis in 2024.  3/21 no OneNote folders, 3/22 they are there (I have a screen shot).  Today 3/29 there are none (Screen shot also).   We use these regularly for projects and I am at a loss of what to do or where to look.  @OneNotePMMSFT 

Where do we look and how do we correct this issue?