OfficeProPlus - "Update now" is always on for build 16.0.7167.2015

MVP

Every time i click Update Now C2R says it downloads something, then applyes updates (doesn't ask to close applications) - and nothing happens.

Not a big deal, however does someone know how to resolve?

Thank you.

OfficeUpdate.JPG

4 Replies
Hi Sergei. This is a question for the Office 365 Support forum at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice.

Hi Sergei, you could perform a quick repair of Office. This can be done in Program and Features in Control Panel. Right-click on the "Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus - en-us" and select "Change". In the pop-up, select Quick Repair. After it finishes, try updating again. Let us know if that resolves the issue.

Kind Regards,

Fred

Change.pngQuick Repair.png

Hi @Fred Duarte, thank you for the advice. Both Quick and Full repairs using C2R didn't help, i fixed that using Office Deployment Tool. Even not actually sure ODT fixed that since since next build appeared in a day or two. 2026 as i remember, and now 16.0.7167.2036 is actvie. Anyway, the issue dissapeared. Most probably it was some bug in 16.0.7167.2015, but i'm not sure.

Thank you for the update @Sergei Baklan. As a last resort, if uninstall fails for any reason, you use the following Microsoft Easy Fix found here:

Uninstall Office 2016, Office 2013, or Office 365 from a PC

Once the tool finishes, reboot and reinstall Office 2016.

Kind Regards,

Fred