Office 365 ProPlus installer is only installing Outlook and something called "My Office"

Copper Contributor

I'm a technical support representative for an online school.

I'm attempting to install Office 365 ProPlus for one of our students.  After the installation is completed, the only thing installed is Outlook 2016.  Something I've never seen before called "My Office" shows up in All Apps.  When I open this and go to My Programs, it has all the Office applications listed, with an Install button to the right of each.  When clicking Install, it just goes to Office.com

22 Replies

Are you installing an Office Insider build?

Yes,

This has been confirmed and ticket already open with Microsoft on it

No matter what license the user has, i even tested on my E5 and it still only installs Outlook. If you go to Add/Remove programs, you will see that the program installed is "Microsoft Outlook"< it should be "Microsoft Office Pro Plus". Microsoft is aware of it and working on a fix
Also, this is even from clicking "Install software" from the Portal

Hi David.

I just installed Office on a couple of machines: the install was started from the portal (the starting channel was the semiannual one) and after the installation the channel was switched, by GPO, to the monthly one. Everything was normal.

Have you perhaps configured monthly updates in a First Release tenant? If this is the case, the final result is an Insider build: could this be the problem?

Salvatore, If it works for you now, then its been fixed. I opened a ticket with Microsoft and the tech called me back. THe Microsoft tech did an instlal on his own Test VM and it did the same thing, so, the issue was on the Microsoft side and there is nothing on the customer side that would of done this.

Glad to hear they finally got it fixed. It has been going on now for about 24hrs.

P.S, It was tested on 3 different tenants, 3 different Networks and 3 different VM's. So, Once again, nothing on the customer side, it was on the Microsoft side
And actually, if you want to see it happen, Here is a video i made for Microsoft when i first opened the ticket

Enjoy

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.screencast.com%2Ft%2FLtk5MGtR5&...

and the above video was when i was logged in with my e5 account, so the full office suite should of been installed and you will see at the end, the ONLY program that got installed was Outlook

Actually, it has now been fixed. It is currently getting rolled out to all CDNs now. Here is the email i just received from our TAM

Hi David,

The issue has been addressed and is being propagated to all of the CDNs now. Don’t have a time frame as to when that will be completed, but should be soon. Please continue to test\have users install Office to see if the full version gets installed.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Regards,
Andy
Andy Fellows
Technical Account Manager
Microsoft Services Premier Support

a******@microsoft.com

Thanks, David.

Glad to hear that now it works for you too. :-))

I just installed on my machine and I only received Outlook as well.  I guess I'll try again on Monday.  

It's still doing it in my tenant.  I've tried it on several different PC's.  I'm opening another ticket with MS because today is my only day to get these apps installed without user interruption and I can't wait some nebulous amount of time for it to be "fixed".

Make sure both of you get a ticket open with MS Support. The issue is on the back end and they did fix it for me last week, but not sure why its not working for you guys. It was a system wide issue and they supposedly fixed it, but i guess the issue is back.

I will test again on my test VM's to see what i can see and reopen the same ticket if needed.

Yeah my ticket is "In Progress."  I'm trying to install the 64-bit version to see if that file was affected also.

True..

yea, last week when this was happening, i tried both, and they both only installed outlook

OK so.... the 64bit installer worked.  I finally got thru to MS and they said the fix has been rolled out to about 75% of the world, I must be in the unlucky 25%.  What a mess!  I wonder if the engineers who bungled this still have a job.....

I've just been experiencing this exact same issue.  Only getting Outlook installed with an E5 license and semi-annual update ring.

I followed the suggestion of changing it to the monthly update cycle and that got me installing the full suite of applications.

Hopefully this is fixed soon - but thanks for the tip!