SOLVED

Office 365 Pro Professional

Copper Contributor

Hi guys

I have a client who needs to upgrade to Office 2019 and Exchange365

He's seen an advertisement online that says he can buy a 5 user license for 5 years for US$45.99

I told him it is an Academic version but he's adamant that he can use it on their domain.

I just got off the phone from Office 365 support and that chap told me that I can use it in a commercial environment AND on the domain.

Now that just does not make sense to me as I'm certain that negates the Academic EULA.

Any thoughts?

Here's the link: https://ecraterau.com/products/microsoft-office-365-pro-professional-5-device-5-year-mac-windows-2?u...

Cheers

Charlton :)

2 Replies

Probably not much help, but personally I wouldn’t trust an offer like that, despite what they say, buying an account that’s linked with a 5 year subscription, doesn’t seem legitimate and it just sounds risky.  I agree the reference to a business license part of an academic licence didn’t make much sense to me and who knows what caveats it may come with.

best response confirmed by Charlton_Wilson (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Office 365 support agents, which in the majority of the cases are working for a vendor and not Microsoft directly, are definitely not the authority on licensing. Neither are any of us posting on these boards. Your local Microsoft representatives are, so contact them directly and clarify this with them.

That's assuming he wants to be able to defend his purchase against a potential audit, technically the products will work just fine otherwise :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Charlton_Wilson (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Office 365 support agents, which in the majority of the cases are working for a vendor and not Microsoft directly, are definitely not the authority on licensing. Neither are any of us posting on these boards. Your local Microsoft representatives are, so contact them directly and clarify this with them.

That's assuming he wants to be able to defend his purchase against a potential audit, technically the products will work just fine otherwise :)

View solution in original post