Office 365 Pro Plus Clients do not update

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have to an issue that some Office 365 proPlus clients dont update from version 1808 to 1902.

The update process is done with the help of ConfigMgr 1910.

I did a qucik repair but this doesnt help either.In the CM logs havent been any errors or indication.

Is there a way to trigger the update process manually?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Computer-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SOFTWARE-Policies-Microsoft-Office-16.0-common-officeupdate.pngComputer-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SOFTWARE-Microsoft-Office-ClickToRun-Configuration.png

3 Replies

@Andy0401 Hello Andreas, I believe this is the easiest way.

Start-Process "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" -ArgumentList "/update user"

Or open up a command prompt (admin) and go to.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun\

OfficeC2RClient.exe /changesetting Channel= 'your choice' (if you want that)

OfficeC2RClient.exe /update user

@ChristianBergstrom 

I tried Start-Process .\OfficeC2RClient.exe -ArgumentList "/update user" ... unfortunatly I received error 30125-27 (400) ... an network issue ... I cant believe this as I receive windows updates from CM.

@Andy0401 Hello, you're running it as admin? What happens if you don't do it from PowerShell but "step-by-step" (meaning moving through the folder hierarchy manually) in the command prompt launched as admin? I've used it several times.

You could try a full online repair (if not already done) and you can also use this info as workaround (ODT) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2770432/how-to-revert-to-an-earlier-version-of-office-2013-...