O365ProPlusRetail install using the ODT does not install teams

Copper Contributor

I am using the following XML to install OfficeProPlus.

<Info Description="Office 365 (64 Bit) Monthly Channel" />
<Add OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="Monthly">
<Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail">
<Language ID="MatchOS" />
<ExcludeApp ID="Groove" />
<ExcludeApp ID="Lync" />
<ExcludeApp ID="OneDrive" />
<ExcludeApp ID="OneNote" />
</Product>
<Product ID="LanguagePack">
<Language ID="MatchOS" />
<ExcludeApp ID="Groove" />
<ExcludeApp ID="Lync" />
<ExcludeApp ID="OneDrive" />
<ExcludeApp ID="OneNote" />
</Product>

</Add>
<Property Name="SharedComputerLicensing" Value="0" />
<Property Name="PinIconsToTaskbar" Value="TRUE" />
<Property Name="SCLCacheOverride" Value="0" />
<Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="0" />
<Property Name="FORCEAPPSHUTDOWN" Value="TRUE" />
<Property Name="DeviceBasedLicensing" Value="0" />
<Updates Enabled="TRUE" />
<RemoveMSI />

However, once office is installed I notice that it did not install teams. The interesting thing is that it does show on the install screen the products it is installing and teams is there (See attached). To make it a little more weird is it  skype even though I have it listed in the exclude app section of the xml. Any suggestions as to what I can do to troubleshoot this? Thanks

5 Replies

@Wayne Johnson On Teams: I would double-check if there is a GPO applied which surpresses Teams. Check if the following regkey exists: HKLM\software\policies\microsoft\office\16.0\common\officeupdate!preventteamsinstall If yes, remove the GPO and retest.

On your XML: You can remove the section with Product=LanuagePack, as this is redundant if you already use MatchOS for O365ProPlusRetail.

@Martin Nothnagel I've checked for this key and it does not exist. Any other suggestions? I am using a similar ODTConfig.xml file. I've excluded the same apps with the exclusion of Outlook added.

Thank you in advance for your time! 

@JustinFollett Hi, the config looks OK as you're using a similar one. Would you mind rebooting or having the user log off / login when completed. That needs to be done to fully complete the installation of Teams.

@ChristianBergstrom aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that did it. Thank you very much for pointing out what I should have noticed...... MS did a good job of calling that out, I did a good job of skipping over it. 

Thank you again!