Notebook layout changed

Copper Contributor

Hi,

today I've opened OneNote at work and the layout changed.
I really need to have the column layout back also for the nodebooks as I switch quickly between different notebooks. (see attached image)

Is there an hidden option or something that I'm missing?

Thanks!

16 Replies

@kos88 I had this 'feature' for a short time too - along with dark mode. But now that has all disappeared. Too bad, I liked dark mode. Not quite sure what is going on.

@kos88 wrote:

Hi,

today I've opened OneNote at work and the layout changed.
I really need to have the column layout back also for the nodebooks as I switch quickly between different notebooks. (see attached image)

Is there an hidden option or something that I'm missing?

Thanks!

@kos88, I had your view for about two weeks.  Then this morning, the view switched (looks like the OneNote 2016 view).  I confirmed Win10 OneNote launched, not OneNote 2016.  Hmmm.  Settings \ About, does not show a new version.  

Are you on Insider or Targeted? Would love to see this view again.

@Paul Beiler That is the same view that I have. Mine does show a version: 16001.11629.20028.0

@DeletedI have same version but still have the old view. I don't have Navigation Pane under View tab like @Paul Beiler has.

@Marc Laflamme, I am not on an early release for OneNote.  

I am on Win10 1903 (Build 18362.116).  I am on the TARGETED (early) release for office 365 ProPlus.  (But this OneNote comes through Win10 Store, not the ProPlus).  I was looking at the Microsoft Store \ … \ Downloads and updates (OneNote shows a modified date of 5/9/2019), and right after that noticed the different look.

@Paul BeilerSo strange, my Store doesn't even show OneNote as being installed anymore.

OneNote App had an Office Insider setting that I previously had enabled but have since disabled.

@Marc Laflamme, I had the view that  Kos88 showed in the original post, had it for several weeks.  I provided feedback that I preferred seeing the Notebook-file-list.  Hmmm.  Is Microsoft targeting different views to various groups of IDs?   

And in all of this, the OneNote version did not change with the two different views.  

@Paul Beiler 

What does your OneNote Online view look like? Mine looks the same as App version. But if I log into my personal OneNote account I get the new view.

MS What are you doing?!

@Marc Laflamme, I had to click through the tabs on the left side (owned, installed, ready to install, etc) multiple times before OneNote showed under INSTALLED.  

@Marc Laflamme, my online view looks like the attachment in the Kos88 original post.

@Paul Beiler If I uninstall the app and then reinstall I get the updated view and new features. Once I close the app and restart it reverts to the old version......again, same app version. Truly bizarre and very irritating. 

@Deleted 

I just tried that and it didn't change anything :(

@Marc Laflamme Oh well....It wasn't much of a fix anyway! 

@Deleted 

Oh I think I figured it out!

Ellipses top right --> Settings --> Options --> Enable Experimental Features

Restarted app and I have the "classic view" now.

On second thought - I just disabled it to see if it would revert but it didn't. But at least I have the classic view that I liked.