New Outlook for mac not syncing passw

Copper Contributor

I am having one weird issue in new Outlook (16.57 or later), where users change password (From Nomad or AD or System pref or anywhere else like from Okta) and then they are not getting/sending emails once they send it just hang on the outbox. Tried to close/quite/relaunch the outlook but no success. Previously we had the new toggle button where our users use to use that to fix this issue but now Microsoft has removed that option as well. 

We are using the Nomad and OKTA back in IDP. 

Is there anyone else facing this issue, if yes, please share the solution. 

4 Replies
Facing the same issue...
updated my SSO password recently (outside of outlook)...
now the "new outlook experience for mac" implies that it's syncing when in fact it is not...
tried closing & relaunching the app.
tried rebooting.
tried switching to offline mode & then back online.
tried sending myself an email (which is still currently stuck in the outbox).

will let you know if I come up with anything...
switched to old outlook and it synced...but stuff cached in the new outlook was not present (e.g. mail in my "new experience" outbox did not exist in my "old experience" outbox...

mail I had "deleted" in the new experience (but hadn't been able to sync yet) was un-deleted in the old experience...

switching back to the new experience afterwards included the newly received emails (in my inbox) but still unable to sync/send/etc...
Actually - disregard my last post - it looks like that may have done the trick...
go to "outlook" in the upper left corner of the screen, and uncheck "New Outlook".
switch to old outlook & sync your mail....then switch back to "New Outlook"...

seems to work now.

If Outlook keeps asking for your password, you either typed it incorrectly or you have an unstable Internet connection. You can also reset the login settings for your Outlook and start all over again. A missing update for your e-mail client can also cause this problem so make sure it's up to date.

auto clicker