Migrating Notebooks to Phone App in bulk

Copper Contributor

I have multiple notebooks that I originally created on my laptop.  I have since switched to working almost exclusively from my phone using the OneNote Android app.  However I still have most of my notebooks on the laptop and of course in One Drive.  When I view all notebooks in the app, I can see all of my previously created notebooks no problem, but they are all gray and not stored locally on my phone.  When I am in the field and want to reference an old note (a daily occurrence) I have to click on the grayed-out notebook, download it, and then open it.  It's mildly cumbersome and uses data.  I would prefer to get on a wifi connection and download them all to my phone in one shot, but all I can figure out is how to do that one at a time.  Is there a way to select all my notebooks and download them all at once?

When I'm on the "Notebooks" screen, I see all my locally stored notebooks and then an option to see "more notebooks."  Clicking on "more notebooks" takes me to the screen that shows all my cloud-stored notebooks, which are the ones I want to mass-migrate to the phone.  Hitting "sync all" back on the original Notebooks screen does not accomplish this.

1 Reply

@ScottH89 wrote:

I have multiple notebooks that I originally created on my laptop.  I have since switched to working almost exclusively from my phone using the OneNote Android app.  However I still have most of my notebooks on the laptop and of course in One Drive.  When I view all notebooks in the app, I can see all of my previously created notebooks no problem, but they are all gray and not stored locally on my phone.  When I am in the field and want to reference an old note (a daily occurrence) I have to click on the grayed-out notebook, download it, and then open it.  It's mildly cumbersome and uses data.  I would prefer to get on a wifi connection and download them all to my phone in one shot, but all I can figure out is how to do that one at a time.  Is there a way to select all my notebooks and download them all at once?

When I'm on the "Notebooks" screen, I see all my locally stored notebooks and then an option to see "more notebooks."  Clicking on "more notebooks" takes me to the screen that shows all my cloud-stored notebooks, which are the ones I want to mass-migrate to the phone.  Hitting "sync all" back on the original Notebooks screen does not accomplish this.

@ScottH89To get all of your Notebooks on to your phone they need to be stored on OneDrive. The Android App doesn't support local files & relies on the data being available in the cloud.