Incomplete group distribution list in Class Notebook

Copper Contributor

Hi folks... a problem with group/individual distribution after syncing with Teams.

I have a Class Notebook, managed from Teams (which itself syncs student members from our student information system). The Class Notebook (on Win10/Mac/Web) correctly updates with students when one is added or removed from the Team. When distributing pages to all students, it works just fine. New students added from Teams populate the notebook and get the distributed pages.

BUT... when making a group to distribute to (or distributing to individual students), any new students added since the Team/Notebook was first made don't show up in the list of people to add. So I have 19 kids in the class notebook, for example, but only the original 18 kids show up in the list of students to either group together, or distribute to individually.

Is this a known bug, or something that could be stuck coming from our SIS? Any help appreciated!

1 Reply

@fredricksonw 

I have a similar problem. One Note is integrated with our learning management system (Canvas) as a class notebook. I set-up the notebook, but only half the students from my list were automatically added. The rest I had to manually add. Is there a way to avoid this in the future?