SOLVED

Incompatibility between Windows Installer and Click-To-Run - Office 365 And Project Professional

Copper Contributor

Here at the company we have the office 365 proplus installed on all machines.
On a specific user machine I had to install Project Professional 2016. I did everything right, I downloaded the ISO from the Office site, and went to try to install it.

But it gives a problem of incompatibility, since Office 365 is installed Click-To-Run, and the Project that I was trying to install is of a different format (I downloaded full offline - Windows Installer).

I uninstalled office 365, and installed the project. I was trying to do the installation of Office 365, gave the same problem of incompatibility due to Click-to-run with Windows Installer.

I researched about downloading Office 365 offline, on the Office website there is a page teaching how to do this. However when downloading the files, you have to execute a command and when this command is executed, it gives the same error of the incompatibility due to the Click-To-Run - Windows Installer.

The language writed in the image is portuguese.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by EsdrasConde (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@EsdrasConde 

Follow this document in portuguese, i think this will solve your problem.

You have to use the Click-To-Run installer to install the perpetual version of Project as described here: Use the Office Deployment Tool to install volume licensed versions of Project 2016 and Visio 2016 It doesn't work with the MSI version

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by EsdrasConde (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@EsdrasConde 

Follow this document in portuguese, i think this will solve your problem.

View solution in original post