Your account has no registration number

Steel Contributor

We have been getting this error in our "Billing Accounts" section in admin center:

billing-ac-01.png

This is despite the fact that the TaxID numbers are very much entered and visible. For a while this was not posing a real problem to us, but since last few days we are now unable to add licenses and/or subscriptions to our tenancy. The "buy" page now asks for the TaxId and does not accept the ID throwing an "invalid taxid" error

We have a support ticket open since Jun-2021 and there has been no resolution as yet. All my attempts to reach out the support team have been futile. No phone. No mails. No response. No escalation option to customers. No complaint mechanism for customers!

Now, this is a service-level disruption as we cannot add licenses/subscriptions for our users, and for last two days I've been desperately trying to reach out to the support via admin center, phone, Twitter, and what not. But, they are just not responding.

My purpose of posting this rant here is to see if anyone else has run into a same/similar problem, or in the hope that someone from Microsoft sees this and helps.

9 Replies
I have the same issue. I haven't opened a support ticket but I will.
Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issue.
I'm having the same issue
Same problem here. Did you get this fix?

@Abhimanyu Singh 

May I know your Microsoft 365 subscription was done by online directly, or CSP even EA?

Our subscription is neither through CSP nor EA. It was done directly through Microsoft with invoicing in 2013.
@ Others - This problem hasn't been sorted out yet. The support personnel admitted that this issue has taken a considerable time and is not expected to be resolved anytime soon! But one of the support personnel provided us with a trick to be able to continue purchases bypassing the new UI:

1. Go to purchase services and do NOT click "buy".
2. Copy the offer id in the URL at the end. Looks like a guid.
3. Use the following URL and append the offer-id after the querystring parameter "OfferId="

https://admin.microsoft.com/SubscriptionDetails?OfferId=<copied from step 2>

4. This will open the old UI and allow for purchase picking up tax-id(s) from billing account.
5. Do NOT checkout, use "add to cart" and then checkout.

Hope that helps in the interim.

PS: Nobody from Microsoft has reached out to me yet. Nor is anyone from support willing to solve this.

@Abhimanyu Singh 
I just tried this suggested workaround. it works up to the point 5, where you have to press "check out" eventually. Note that weve already added the trail to the cart.
For me and the client the "check out" option is greyed out. We simply cant finalize the purchase. Has anyone experienced this before? 

@JR19871335 Same problem over here