Modern apps and cloud-native environments are complex. We have found that customers who build on the Azure cloud rely not only on Azure services, but also use services that are provided by our partners. One such case where partner services are commonly used is observability. When failures occur in these complex environments, development teams need a good observability solution such as Dynatrace, to obtain insights and determine the root cause. However, when using Dynatrace with Azure services, customers end up having to manage multiple systems and use different portals. This is not easy to setup, is often error-prone and creates unnecessary overhead.
To reduce this burden of managing across systems, Microsoft and Dynatrace have come together to build a natively integrated experience in Azure, namely, Dynatrace for Azure. Through this integrated experience, customers will be able to:
- Create a new Dynatrace environment from within Azure portal.
- Seamlessly forward subscription activity and Azure resource diagnostic logs to Dynatrace, without needing to setup event hubs or write Azure functions.
- Easily install Dynatrace OneAgent on resources such as VMs and App Services.
- Single sign-on enabled deep links to Dynatrace portal.
- Unified billing of Dynatrace usage through Azure Marketplace.
Public preview of Dynatrace for Azure will be available in the Azure Marketplace in June 2022. Sign up here for the public preview.