10-27-2020 03:34 AM - last edited Monday by Eric Starker
Reasons are a plenty as to why you should be using a board management software at your organization, as a person who has gone through the decision making process of adopting a SharePoint board management software, i have put together some points below, some helpful pointers for anyone looking for a board management solution.
Remote working is pushing businesses to invest more in digital solutions. Businesses are choosing digital solutions for their day to day processes ranging from project management to board management. Investment in digital solutions streamline organizational processes and gain more productivity from the processes. Digital solutions are the best and most cost effective way to achieve more productivity in the organizational processes or tasks.Out of these, solutions built on SharePoint are some of the best that you'll be able to find. if you're looking to change how your company or nonprofit handles board meetings, than a SharePoint board management system is the solution for you.
Board management software is a tool that creates a shared, secure space for board directors to access important documents and collaborate with one another. All documents stores within a board management system are viewable only by board members and those given special permissions by a software administrator. Board management software makes it easy to manage agendas, annotations, documents, board meeting discussions, and meeting minutes quickly and securely. Here are some pointers to choose the right board management software.
1. Security : A SharePoint board meeting system offers your board an unparalleled level of security not able to be offered by other board meeting software. Being built using SharePoint, you'll also be able to use the myriad of security measures that Microsoft offers to protect your data behind multiple levels of security.
2. Adopt and Adapt : Your board meeting software needs to be customized to fit your needs. SharePoint is an incredibly fluid platform. Your board members don't want to spend time fiddling with a system. They want to be able to log into it and do what they need to do. That's why you need to be using board management software that's easy to learn and even easier to use.
3. Efficiency and Engagement: Using automated workflows, a SharePoint board management system eliminates many of the more menial tasks your board members have to do. This way, they can spend more time focusing on their other responsibilities and less time stressing over day-to-day activities. In addition, since it's built on Office 365, they can log into the SharePoint board meeting system with their Office 365 account. That way, they don't have to keep track of multiple accounts and passwords on a day to day basis. SharePoint board management software can be fully branded with your company's brand to help board members dial into your culture. Not only that, but timely notifications and other SharePoint resources can be used to engage board members and ensure that they're invested in their roles.
4. Document Storage: Using SharePoint board meeting software, you can store all of these documents in one easily accessible location. Not only can this be used during meetings, but board members can log in later to access and download these documents at their leisure. Not only that, but meeting minutes can also be stored alongside these documents so that they too can be accessed whenever board members wish to.
5. Communication: SharePoint board meeting software allows your board to do both of these and more at their leisure. Board members can also leave comments on specific meetings and get notifications when people reply to them. This makes sure that your board members are always tuned in and connected to one another.