what certification Career should I pursue

Copper Contributor

hello all,

In my organization, I provide various assistance to the staff, like helping to troubleshoot if computer systems are malfunctioning, network is down, I have the admin role to the Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Teams and Active directory. 

What type of certification should I pursue? What career path will improve my experience and give me more certificates on all the roles that I mentioned above? Please, your advice will be appreciated.

Thank you in Advance

3 Replies

@AkeemMN 

I would recommend you start on the following Role-Based Learning for:

Azure Fundamentals - Microsoft Learn : Free!

After that, you might consider sitting for the exam:

Exam AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals

Best of luck in your learning journey onto Cloud.

@ChinLaiThe  Thank you so much

Hello @AkeemMN,

It's great to see your enthusiasm for expanding your skills and furthering your career in the technology field. Based on your current role and responsibilities, I would recommend pursuing certifications that align with your expertise in Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Teams, and Active Directory.

Here are a few certification paths that can help enhance your experience and validate your skills:

1. Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate: This certification focuses on managing, deploying, and securing modern desktops and devices. It covers topics such as Windows 10 deployment, device management, and app management.

2. Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate: With this certification, you will gain expertise in configuring, deploying, and managing Microsoft Teams. It covers various aspects of Teams administration, including chat, channels, meetings, and collaboration.

3. Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate: This certification focuses on securing Microsoft 365 enterprise environments. It covers identity and access management, threat protection, information protection, and security management.

4. Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate: Although not directly related to your current role, obtaining this certification can broaden your knowledge and give you a deeper understanding of Microsoft's cloud platform, Azure. It covers topics such as Azure infrastructure, virtual machines, storage, and networking.

5. Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate: This certification is particularly relevant to your role as it focuses on managing user identities, roles, and access within Microsoft 365 and Azure environments. It covers topics such as Azure Active Directory, identity governance, and access management.

Remember that these certifications are just recommendations, and the best path for you ultimately depends on your interests and career goals. I would also encourage you to explore other relevant certifications and consider the evolving industry trends to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies.

Good luck with your certification journey, and feel free to reach out if you have any more questions or need further guidance!

Best regards,

@ow6nmusk