Tech Academy Rankings

%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-143573%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3ETech%20Academy%20Rankings%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-143573%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EI%20noticed%20that%20as%20I%20complete%20additional%20courses%20in%20a%20Tech%20Academy%20Pathway%2C%20the%20Dashboard%20screen%20shows%20that%20my%20ranking%20is%20going%20down%2C%20which%20doesn't%20seem%20right.%20I%20started%20off%20in%20top%2079%25%20and%20after%20finishing%20several%20courses%2C%20i%20dropped%20to%20the%20top%2086%25..%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3EI%20think%20the%20calculation%2Flanguage%20may%20be%20wrong%2C%20and%20I%20should%20have%20been%20going%20from%20the%20top%2021%25%20up%20to%20the%20top%2014%25.%20Can%20anyone%20confirm%3F%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3EIf%20I'm%20correct%2C%20who%20can%20get%20it%20fixed%3F%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3E%3CA%20href%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Ftechcommunity.microsoft.com%2Ft5%2Fuser%2Fviewprofilepage%2Fuser-id%2F41707%22%20target%3D%22_blank%22%3E%40Eric%20Starker%3C%2FA%3E%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E%3CLINGO-LABS%20id%3D%22lingo-labs-143573%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3EIT%20Resources%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3C%2FLINGO-LABS%3E%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-146827%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3ERe%3A%20Tech%20Academy%20Rankings%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-146827%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EHi%20Dean%2C%20thanks%20for%20your%20question.%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3EWe're%20actually%20using%20the%20universal%20interpretation%20for%20percentiles%20on%20Tech%20Academy.%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3ET%3CSPAN%3Ehe%20%3C%2FSPAN%3E%3CSTRONG%3E86th%20percentile%3C%2FSTRONG%3E%3CSPAN%3E%20in%20your%20case%20means%20that%2086%3C%2FSPAN%3E%3CSPAN%3E%25%20of%20the%20other%20values%20lie%20below%20yours%2C%20and%2014%25%20lie%20above%20it.%20Hence%2C%20the%20more%20you%20complete%2C%20you'll%20score%20in%20an%20increasingly%20higher%20percentile.%20It's%20the%20same%20interpretation%20that%20is%20e.g.%20used%20for%20SAT%2C%20GRE%20test%20scores%20etc.%3C%2FSPAN%3E%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3E%3CSPAN%3EHope%20that%20helps%20clarify!%3C%2FSPAN%3E%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3E%3CSPAN%3E-Kim%3C%2FSPAN%3E%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E
Respected Contributor

I noticed that as I complete additional courses in a Tech Academy Pathway, the Dashboard screen shows that my ranking is going down, which doesn't seem right. I started off in top 79% and after finishing several courses, i dropped to the top 86%..

 

I think the calculation/language may be wrong, and I should have been going from the top 21% up to the top 14%. Can anyone confirm? 

If I'm correct, who can get it fixed?

@Eric Starker

1 Reply

Hi Dean, thanks for your question. 

We're actually using the universal interpretation for percentiles on Tech Academy.

The 86th percentile in your case means that 86% of the other values lie below yours, and 14% lie above it. Hence, the more you complete, you'll score in an increasingly higher percentile. It's the same interpretation that is e.g. used for SAT, GRE test scores etc.

 

Hope that helps clarify!

 

-Kim