Purchasing Windows 7 Professional Extended Security Updates through a Cloud Solution Provider

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am both a Windows 7 and 10 Professional user I am currently trying to purchase Windows 7 Pro Extended Security Updates (ESUs) through a Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider (CSP). Within the last week I purchased Microsoft Assure. I don’t know whether I qualify to purchase Windows 7 Pro ESUs through a CSP but I am the creator and publisher of a not for profit (.ORG) website and I am currently reliant on the tools of my Windows 7 Pro machine for aspects from design to publishing. My new Microsoft Tech Community profile biography includes some historical perspective on the organization and my personal web page provides some of my professional background.

On 12/12/2019, I accessed the Microsoft Solution Providers database and found a Microsoft CSP in my region. I used the online submission form to submit my request for purchasing ESUs to my chosen Microsoft Solution Provider. I got a response from the Microsoft Partner Center on 12/26/19 that the Microsoft CSP I attempted to hire was not available to help right now.

The reason for messaging this community is two-fold. The first reason is because this community would seem to be knowledgeable in how CSP’s can be used to purchase Windows 7 Pro ESUs.

The second is because I am not 100% clear as to whether or not I am even eligible to purchase these ESU’s, even after viewing most of the relevant links on the Microsoft website. I am hoping that the use of my Windows 7 Pro system for my website, which has received fairly good viewing around the world over the last two plus years, would qualify me to purchase Windows 7 Pro ESUs.

My first submission through the Partner Center took about two weeks to get a response. Another submission using that database will likely take another two weeks, nearly up to the point in time when Windows 7 End of Support goes into effect. However, I won’t necessarily have gotten any closer to knowing whether I am pursuing the Extended Security Updates purchase in the right fashion nor whether I am even eligible to make the purchase.

If you can provide any sort of direction, links or contacts on how or through whom I might purchase Windows 7 Pro Extended Security Updates, I would be enormously grateful. If I have messaged this community for explanations to a topic other than that which it gets involved with, please direct me to a more suitable community for an outreach of this topic area.

Best Regards, CAW03.

0 Replies