Friday Feature: Ammar Hasayen

Former Employee

We are very excited to introduce this week’s Friday Feature— @Ammar Hasayen. Ammar is a Senior IT Manager at Aramex and was nominated for his first MVP award in 2017! Read his interview below to learn about his role in the digital transformation of Aramex, his personal blog, and the challenges he faces in his role.

AH.jpg

Ammar Hasayen

Job Title: Senior IT Manager

Company Name: Aramex International

MVP Profile: https://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/PublicProfile/5002673?fullName=Ammar%20%20Hasayen

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ammarhasayen/?ppe=1

Twitter: @ammarhasayen

Blog: https://ammarhasayen.com/

1. Tell us a little bit about where you work and your role in the organization.

I work at Aramex International. Aramex is a leading global provider of comprehensive logistics and transportation solutions, based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). As a senior IT Manager at the company head office, my role is to help the company in their digital transformation journey, specifically when it comes to identity and collaboration services.

1. Can you elaborate on your role in the digital transformation of Aramex?

I am leading the modern workplace initiative in Aramex, when it comes to cloud identity, collaboration and cloud services, and participate in the big digital transformation vision of the company. I am leading virtual teams across the company, to set the vision of who the modern workplace should look like, what technologies to be used, and how to implement such solution.

1. What inspired you to start your blog?

As a good technical writer, I usually document everything I am working on, and how each solution is to be implemented. I also love helping others when it comes to technology trends and solving problems. My blog is my platform to extend my reach and help people everywhere, whenever I can. I started my blog in 2008, and since then, I shared my knowledge and expertise, and what kept me going, is the feedback and comments I am receiving in featured blog posts. There is nothing like the feeling of satisfaction, when someone you do not know, tells you how much your blog post helped them in their work.

1. What cloud or IT trends are you paying the most attention to these days?

I am totally focused on cloud, and how technology can help organizations transform. More specifically, I am paying attention to modern workplace, cloud and hybrid identity, BYOD, and cloud security.

1. What is the most challenging part of your role?

It is strange that what is challenging in my role has nothing to do with technology. What I find challenging is showing business value to the management and key business people, how the cloud can transform their work and collaboration experience. Moreover, the journey to the cloud comes with behavior change especially when it comes to the modern workplace and Office 365. I have found that change resistance and the new technologies adoption are challenging. After all, the journey to the cloud is not just a technology journey. It has three perspectives: Technology, Business and Employees. I think that the Business and Employees perspective are the challenging part in my role.

0 Replies