Check out Online Interactive Guides...feedback needed

Microsoft

Hello IT Enthusiasts!

I'm on the Office IT Pro readiness team at MS and am always looking for impactful resources that make it easy for our customers and partners to get up to speed on Microsoft technologies.  If you have attended past events (MS Ignite, Tech Summits, Build, etc) you are probably familiar with the many labs that we provide in our dedicated lab rooms, covering a wide range of topics (Azure, Office & Windows).  We also have an inventory of Click-Through demos (aka. Online Interactive Guides), that cover a range of Office solutions. 

For those of you interested, please run through a few of these and let me know what you think.

• Do you like the "click-through" format?
  • Do you like to learn this way?
  • Do you prefer labs or Online Interactive Guides to see first-hand how MS technologies work? 
  • What products/services would you like to see? (The guides listed are Office focused but feel free to name any product)

There are certainly pros and cons to both labs and Online Interactive Guides (labs mirror the "real" experience but take longer to complete and can be prone to more errors, while OIGs almost always work as expected and take less time to complete but don't allow for exploration within the enviroment and tend to get outdated quickly).

Please let me know your thoughts on the below Online Interactive Guides.  If the community finds these valuable, we will make them a priority and ramp up our current inventory with new experiences (Microsoft Teams, MyAnalytics, updated Office Pro Plus apps etc). 

Online Interactive Guides

Thanks

Michael Kophs

3 Replies

Hey Michael, 

These are my suggestions on the Interactive guides:

• Do you like the "click-through" format?
  • Yes for certain scenarios this is just what is needed.

• Do you like to learn this way?
    Yes

• Do you prefer labs or Online Interactive Guides to see first-hand how MS technologies work? 
  • I prefer labs, especially for troubleshooting or migration scenarios but guides have their place too.

• What products/services would you like to see? (The guides listed are Office focused but feel free to name any product)

I personally would like to concentrate more on core technologies but the new services related stuff like Azure and office 365 is also good. 

I hope this is helpful for you. I would also like if it we could access the old Exchange 2010 labs hosted via virtual labs. If you could point me in the right direction, as to whom do i contact for that, it would be helpful. 

Thanks 

Kevin Dasilva

Something like this would be very helpful to my end users.  The Office 365 Groups guide would help them.  One thing that would be helpful is distinguishing which features are available in the different licensing tiers.  For example, we have Plan E3, but I would have to weed out what I want to be available to other IT staff or end users so there isn't as much confusion as to why they are missing some of the things covered.

Hi Michael,

Were the following topics out of date?

Office Guides: Exchange Hybrid Deployment with Office 365: Performing a Remote Move Migration

Office 365 Guides: Piloting Office 365: Preparing the Office 365 FastTrack Pilot

Do you know where I could find them or alternatives?

Best,

Isaac

Wadeware LLC