Proper resubmit information in the portal and in the logic app instance

Copper Contributor

Hi

Not sure this is the right place for feature requests, but I'll try :) 

When doing a resubmit for a specific logic app instance, there is a lot of information missing in my opinion - both from a portal perspective but also from within the logic app.

Currently we cannot detect resubmits, neither in the portal i during an execution. Coming from the integration area, this is something most vendors support in their BPM engines.

This is crucial both from development perspective, but also from a maintenance/operations perspective, and should be a basic functionality that really needs bigger attention.

1) The portal
The portal must show that a particular instance has been resubmitted, when and how many times
All resubmit should have the same "main instance id", while each resubmit gets a new child instance id.

Currently, we can see canceled processes, but we have no idea which is the matching resubmitted instance (or how many times it was resubmitted).

2) Within a logic app execution
It must be possible to detect a resubmit (during the execution) as well in case of situations when things cannot rolled back in case of an error, or if we just want to highlight (e.g. post a notification) that we have a resubmit.
Currently, we can only get the normal execution id via @{workflow()['run']['name']}

Sample portal view
This is what it could look like

logic-app-portal-resubmit-sample.png

0 Replies