Yammer Auto Login

Brass Contributor

Has anyone found a way to provide users with a shortcut to Yammer that would automatically log them in instead of having to enter their UPN on the Office365 login page first? I have found ways to create smart links for things like Sharepoint and OneDrive, but it seems this is not possible for Yammer.

6 Replies

Hi,

Do you have ADFS and SSO enabled for these users?

Is your Yammer integrated into Office 365?

BR

Hi, yes, yes and yes.

But then they should be logged in automatically inside the corporate network because of SingleSignOn...

Which browsers do they use?

Regards

The first time Yammer is launched, you are presented with the Office 365 signin screen. You have to put your email address in, ADFS then takes care of the password and signs the user in. The next time you click on Yammer shortcut, it takes you straight in.

What I'm trying to do is to also eliminate that first signin.

We have the same issue on all browsers.

Hi Nicol,

Have you verified in the Yammer network admin that "Enforce Office 365 Identity" is checked and the status says "Commmited"?

If so and your domain is properly federated, the user clicks on the Yammer tile in the O365 Portal and should be logged-in through ADFS. 

I've found that if the user then visits 'yammer.com', the first time they are prompted to sign-in and provide username.  But if we use the smartlink style with the network name as a shortcut, then this always logs in without prompt for username (https://yammer.com/<networkname>)

Hi Keith, thanks for the reply. I can confirm that we are indeed enforcing identities with status "commited".

When our users navigate to portal.office.com they are prompted to type their email. ADFS takes care of the password. When they then click on the Yammer tile, it does take them straight to the network.

When a new user goes straight to the "smartlink" shortcut: Yammer.com/networkname for the first time, it also takes them to the sign-in page to enter their email address. This is what I would like to avoid if possible. If you are saying this is possible, then we must not have ADFS configured correctly. Can you provide some guidance on the correct config?