SOLVED

What licensing is required for enabling Microsoft Authenticator Passwordless Signin?

Iron Contributor

My Office 365 clients (headcount 5) are currently on Office 365 Business Premium.

In order to get the full benefit of the latest Azure AD Passwordless Sign In via Microsoft Authenticator, and other Conditional Access policies, what licensing do I need to have?

If I upgrade a single user to Microsoft 365, would that give me full access to all features of Azure AD Premium P1 or P2 that can be applied to all my users?

4 Replies

@OneTechBeyond Hi, firstly just to mention Security defaults, this is available to every customer, whatever their licencing and this offers MFA mobile app notification support, while other authentication methods are available with the right licencing. 

To get Conditional Access and the full use of Azure MFA, that requires Azure AD Premium P1, to be compliant, licencing needs to be applied to every user that will benefit from these features. The other options include Enterprise Mobility + Security and Microsoft 365 Business which include Azure AD Premium features.

Thanks @Cian Allner.  I suspected I'd need to upgrade to M365 for the full suite of features.

best response confirmed by OneTechBeyond (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@OneTechBeyond Hi, if it helps, here is a comparison, M365 Business is a good deal, when using some of the more advanced features.

m365comp.png

@Cian Allner,

Yep I found this chart yesterday and the $7.50 difference between M365 and Office 365 Business Premium is totally worth it.   I upgraded immediately.

Thanks!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by OneTechBeyond (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@OneTechBeyond Hi, if it helps, here is a comparison, M365 Business is a good deal, when using some of the more advanced features.

m365comp.png

View solution in original post